- Gan Mao Ling is a patent Chinese Herbal formula. It isn’t strong enough for a full blown cold or flu, but works wonderfully if you take it every 3 hours when you first start coming down with something.
- Eat chicken soup with ginger, lemongrass, scallions.
- If there is a lot of heat (fever, sore throat) mint is very helpful.
- Bundle up and sweat it out.
- Gets plenty of sleep.
- If you have someone to do gua sha this move the cold fast. To do gua sha: get a spoon, coin, or popsicle stick. Put oil on upper back and neck. Have the person quickly and roughly scrape back and forth on your skin until it gets bright red. This will leave marks but offers almost immediate relief.